Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Ultimate Sherpa Bag Medium Red with Black Trim Airline Approved Pet Carrier Order Now


I just received the medium carrier. This is a very well-made carrier with quality materials and excellent details--it looks great! Dual access from the top and side offers convenient options. The straps are a heavy duty, woven material (shoulder straps detachable) and look like they won't rip or detach from the bag with repeated use. The fabric is very heavy and seems like it will be stain resistant (but probably not stain proof). The flaps roll up nicely to let the pet look through the mesh, which appears to be heavy duty and not easily ripped. The flaps fold down to make a snug "nest" for the pet and to give it privacy from the curious.

I purchased this bag primarily to bring a dachshund puppy home (3 hour flight), and at 8 weeks old, the puppy will barely weigh 3 pounds and will have plenty of room. However, I also have a full grown dachshund who is 12 pounds. This bag claims to fit dogs up to 16 pounds and while my adult dog "fits", it is a little bit tight length-wise for him (and he is not a long dachshund). The interior space is a little smaller than it appears due to the padding on the floor, pockets and such. The puppy is expected to be 8-9 pounds full grown, which I think is the right size for this medium carrier. If I needed to transport the 12 pound dachshund, I would prefer a larger carrier for the dog's comfort.

Overall, I really like it and I believe the puppy will be quite comfy inside, plus I can use it in the car to keep her contained (strap faciliates fastening to seatbelt). I am rating 4 stars out of 5 for two reasons - it is pricey in my opinion (yes, great quality and details but truly think the value is more in $60 range) and also because a 16 pound dog would not be confortable in this carrier. I would think up to 10 pounds would be best.Get more detail about The Ultimate Sherpa Bag Medium Red with Black Trim Airline Approved Pet Carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment