Sunday, July 18, 2010

SMALL - GREEN - Outward Hound Quick-Release Dog Backpack Review


This is a fabulous product - SO well made, sturdy, cute, and well designed. The packs themselves are attached with velcro so you can pull them off the harness for rest periods - don't have to take the entire thing off each time.

I have read so many great things about backpacks for hyper dogs. I have a Rat Terrier who has more energy than our daily walks could satisfy. A 15 minute walk with a backpack like this one is said to equal a 45 minute walk without the pack - so I tried it. First thing I noticed was my dog's immediate calmness. He walked so well beside me - because now he had a job to do, a purpose. He wasn't all over the place thinking for himself, he was carrying my water for me! He walks so calmly, and a 20 or 30 minute walk is enough to make him calm and submissive the rest of the day.

I use a really small water bottle on each side (8 oz each) and the pack weighs 10 oz to start with. We stop from time to time and I get a drink for both of us, so he's aware he's carrying our water, and as we go along the pack gets lighter as we use the water.

Many people have stopped us to ask about the backpacks and I hope my recommendations have brought them here to this store. I wish I'd heard of these years ago!
Get more detail about SMALL - GREEN - Outward Hound Quick-Release Dog Backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment