Friday, July 16, 2010

Save Cayman 2 Pet Carrier, Medium Blue


I bought this cayman size 2 for my 5 pound shih tzu puppy thinking that I would have a crate he would grow into if he matured to about 15 pounds. He appears to fill the inside already and this crate said rated up to 30 pounds. Yes, he can stand and turn around in it now with the sheepskin pad but add a stuffed toy and it is too crowded. It looks good and appears to be sturdy but was not that easy to put together only because I had a difficult time getting the door to fit. I had to assemble and disassemble it several times and what should have taken roughly ten minutes became a 40 minute ordeal with the door. I know dogs and cats need only a small footprint in a crate for travelling and sleeping but I was thinking that this would be ideal for crating Logan up to several hours when I am gone from the house because it was rated for a dog up to 33 pounds. I could not leave him cooped up in this kennel except maybe for airline travel for which it would be adequate for his size at the moment. I put my 15 pound shih tzu in it and he was not able to lay down or stand up fully and forget about turning around. He is longer bodied and longer legged than the average shih tzu but he is also half the rated weight and he does not fit it. I would buy the size up from this unless you need it strictly for air travel or vet transport and your dog is no bigger, adult size, than 8 pounds, especially if you plan to add bedding, drink cup and toys to it.Get more detail about Cayman 2 Pet Carrier, Medium Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment