Friday, July 2, 2010

Coastal Pet Products Holt Control Harness for Dogs Immediately


I have used this harness for about a year with my dog. Actually, this purchase will be our second HOLT control harness- the first one was uhmm...chewed. I really like this harness. The control is great and the dog does not seem at all in pain or any real discomfort (I assume that it must feel somewhat annoying to her when she pulls, because it works great). Our dog pulls sometimes when being walked with a regular harness or with the collar. She walks pretty well and is good under voice command most of the time, but she is big (65lbs) and she could certainly drag me if she wanted to. So, I would say that she is not a case of a really bad puller, but she does get carried away at times (squirrels, birds, other dogs all get her going) and with a regular harness or collar, it can get pretty annoying to walk her. The holt collar was recommended to me by the dog trainer & foster that I adopted her from. I also, definitely, recommend it-

The reason I give it 4 stars is that I wish there were more sizes- We have to use the large since the medium won't fit around her chest- but the large is really too large and there is a bunch of extra length that hangs there after it's adjusted. This is not a problem when she's on leash (it just gives you extra length-kind of nice, actually), but if we get to a place where I want to let her off-leash, I have to either take the whole harness off of her or wrap the extra foot of harness around itself and tie it off. It's obviously not enough of a problem to prevent me from buying another one, but just something to be aware of.Get more detail about Coastal Pet Products Holt Control Harness for Dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment